Thursday, October 15, 2009

Week 2: Settling Into the Arms of Goddess

So last week, I applied for Unemployment. The experience was really positive and I felt the presence of the Divine Mother with me the whole day. I even received two hugs from a couple of sistahs as I walked around. The Great Mother was definitely working her mojo!

And then my ego decided to jump into the mix.

On the day that I was supposed to sign in online for Unemployment, the system said I wasn't authorized! That took me out of my loving vibe immediately. As Snoop Dog said, playing with my money is like playing with my emotions! I sent them an email and made countless calls but I wasn't able to get any assistance. I WAS PISSED!!! But I'd been reading this book by Doreen Virtue called the Lightworker's Way. I'd bought the book at a used book sale a few weeks ago, thinking that I'd never read it. After I was emancipated from my job, I was reading an article that referenced this writer and thetahealing (that's another blog lol!) so, I started reading it.

The book is an autobiography that also talks about spiritual principles and faith. As I read the book, it reminded me of who I was: An aspect of the Divine, an idea in Her mind and that I had the ability to change my circumstances through faith. Isn't it amazing how often we "spiritual" folks forget the fundamental cornerstone of spirituality which is FAITH?

Well, I got up and did my meditations and decided that I trusted Goddess. Not "I'm going to trust" or "I want to trust" but "I trust". This is a big deal for me because, like most folks, I falsely believe that I survive and thrive by my own intentions. Spirituality is something that we profess but don't really practice. Sure, we pray, meditate, read all these wonderful books but when it really comes down to the wire, we "try" to make things happen purely as a human being, not a spiritual being. Today, I decided to be spiritual first.

Well, long story short, as I'm sitting here typing this blog and rather unconcerned about that affair any longer, the phone rang. It was a number I didn't know but, on a hunch, I answered. IT WAS THE UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE!!! They were returning my call and everything was taken care of. I don't have to go down there tomorrow!!! All praises to the Great Mother, she handled business.

No comments: